New World Medical Fellowship Award
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2020
Supporting the Next Generation of Humanitarians
The New World Medical Fellowship Award is one of the ways we work toward achieving our humanitarian goals by supporting future healthcare leaders who are dedicated to making global humanitarian work an integral part of their careers in glaucoma.
The Fellowship is comprised of $5,000 in travel support for a minimum of one ophthalmic mission in a developing nation within a single academic year. Any remaining funds can be used to attend international ophthalmic conferences and/or obtain training that will enhance future efforts to deliver care to underserved populations. The selection committee will choose two applicant that best embody the spirit of these objectives as the annual New World Medical Humanitarian Fellows.
- Incoming or current glaucoma fellow.
- Graduate from an accredited medical school, school of osteopathic medicine, or holder of ECFMG certificate.
- Travel stipends are contingent on beginning a recognized glaucoma surgical fellowship program.
- If selected, travel stipends will be paid directly to the Fellow and may not be reduced by the institution for any reason.
Email the following supporting materials to FellowshipAward@newworldmedical.com
- A personal statement detailing interest in international ophthalmic clinical work.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Up to three letters of recommendation from physicians who have supervised the applicant during residency training. At least one letter should be from a source with deep knowledge of the applicant’s surgical skill. If the applicant is a current fellow, one of the three letters can be from a fellowship attending. Letters should be sent on author’s letterhead.
- Application Deadline: Last day of January of each calendar year.
- You will receive an email notification within 10 business days of completing your application indicating that your submission is COMPLETE.